Sometimes making breakfast in the morning is hard. I don’t always have time for cooking. It really is important though to eat a good breakfast because it sets up your metabolism for the day. So, one of my favorite grab and go recipes is Overnight Oats. I can make it the night before and it’s ready in the morning. I will often make five of them to set me up for the week.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Mix everything all together and store in the refigerator overnight. You can add diced apple, or top with berries (which is my favorite),
- *add unsweetened coconut and use coconut milk in place of the almond milk.
- *a scoop of protein powder can be added for extra protein.
- The possibilities are endless!