Whole Grain Taco Bake CasseroleI love casseroles. They are comforting. They are easy. They are inexpensive. They fill empty bellies of teenage boys. This is one I have been making for years. It has seen changes through the years to become healthier, but it is still a family favorite that gets made quite often. The mix that I refer to is here.
- 1 bag of whole grain noodle casserole/soup mix
- 1 lb ground turkey browned (or cooked diced chicken breast)
- 1 can black olives drained
- 1 can whole kernal corn drained
- 1 can undrained diced tomatoes
- 1 can refried beans
- Shredded cheese for topping
Combine all (except cheese) in 13X9 casserole dish with 2 cups water. It helps to mix all in a large mixing bowl and transfer to casserole dish-as this can get a bit messy.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes. Uncover and top with shredded cheese and bake 5 more minutes.